Muir Woods Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
Daily - 8:30 AM
*Hotel pick-up is between 7:30 & 8:30 AM
Explore the legendary Coastal Redwood Sequoia trees of Muir Woods National Monument!
- Tour provider has been featured in SF Weekly, The Examiner and are a member of the San Francisco Travel Association
- Admire the Coastal Redwood Sequoias, regarded as the world's tallest trees that can grow over 300 feet tall
- Make a stop for that all-important photo of the Golden Gate Bridge
- After spending time in Muis Woods, you'll head over to the picturesque town of Sausalito - spending enough time there to grab lunch or visit the many shops and galleries!
Come explore Muir Woods and see the awe-inspiring Coastal Redwood Sequias, the tallest trees in the world. These enormous landmarks can grow over 300 feet tall!
Unlike other large tour companies in the area, you'll enjoy an intimate tour aboard a 13-passenger van. Cruise by the parks and attractions along the San Francisco Embarcadero and disembark at the Ferry Building (today it’s a bustling food court) where you can load up on San Francisco originals—coffee, chocolate, sour dough breads, pastries and more! After passing by San Francisco’s famous piers (including Pier 39 - Alcatraz Landing) the tour will head north to Muir Woods. Along the way, you’ll make a stop for that all-important photo of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Stroll through the valley floor along Redwood Creek, or climb the paths up the slopes to look over the tops of some of the tallest trees in the world. You'll have the chance to gaze up into the forest's canopy and immerse yourself in the Redwood Forest. Stroll the mostly flat valley floor along Redwood Creek, or get an aerobic workout climbing the paths up the valley slopes to look out over the tops of some of the tallest trees in the world.
After spending time in Muir Woods, you will head over to the picturesque town of Sausalito - spending enough time there to grab lunch or visit the many shops and galleries. The tour will end in San Francisco, in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf!
- Tour does not include meals or $10 per person park entrance fee for participant older than 16 years oldat Muir Woods
- Includes hotel pick-up from hotels located Downtown and at Fisherman's Wharf
- Gratuity for your guide is not included but is appreciated if you enjoy your experience
- Your guide will provide narration in English, but audio tours in various foreign languages are available upon request
- Tour requires a minimum of 4 participants to run
- If there are young children as part of your party, you will be required to provide your own child car seats as required under California laws
DurationThis tour lasts approximately 4-5 hours (depending on traffic).
Maximum ParticipantsYou will be accompanied by other tour participants, with a maximum of 13 per tour and minimum of 4. For groups larger than 6 please contact Cloud 9 Living directly for pricing.
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience is not weather dependent.
What To WearPlease wear comfortable shoes and clothing appropriate for the weather conditions.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance. Since the tour requires a minimum of 4 participants, those requesting tour dates with less than 4 confirmed passengers will be placed on a waitlist until the selected date has at least 4 confirmed participants.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have received a booking confirmation, rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to the experience, subject to a $35 fee per booking. Failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule within 72 hours of your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience.
Can we bring food on the tour?
Yes, you may bring your own food or pack a lunch if you would like.
- Can we bring food on the tour?