Sonoma Valley Airport - Sonoma, CA
Monday, Thursday, and Fridays - 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Saturdays & Sundays -Walk-in appointments from10:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- Combined, your pilots have been flying for more than 85 years
- You get shotgun in this vintage biplane
- Enjoy breathtaking views of fields and vineyards and you fly across them only hundreds of feet in the air
- An aviation adventure to remember!
The chocks are away, you hear the huge radial engine roar and you are rolling down the runway to the sights, sounds and smells of a once-in-a-lifetime aviation experience.
Let the wind blow through your hair as you sit back and enjoy this nostalgic return to a bygone era of romance and excitement where you'll even get to wear the leather flying helmet and goggles!
The 20 minute flight takes you over the breathtaking fields and vineyards of Sonoma and the Napa Valley where, from just a few hundred feet above the ground, you can appreciate the rolling hills and acres of green pastures.
The 40 minute flight offers 3 scenic routes (weather dependent):
- The Wine Country Tour - Catch an Eagle's view of a world renowned vineyards of the Sonoma and Napa Valleys, heading east across the bucolic Cameros region to Napa, turn north to St. Helena, west to Glen Ellen the back south through the lush Sonoma Valley. Grapes galore
- West to the Pacific - Fly over rolling hills and open pastures of Sonoma, Novato, and Petaluma; then head out to the Tomales Bay and absorb the majestic magnificence of the Pacific Ocean.
- Spires of the City - Drift south towards San Francisco. A panoramic outlook of the Sausalito and Tiburon Harbors; outlying views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands, the circle Mt. Tamalpais en route to Point Reyes and your safe Sonoma return.
The Boeing PT-17 Stearman is the first aircraft a cadet would fly during flight training prior to and during World War II. Known for its stability and strength, the Stearman was a reliable primary trainer and remains a popular classic today.
Your 1941 Stearman has been modified to accommodate 2 people in the front cockpit. The seat is 32" across so the seating is cozy.
Children must be at least 40 inches tall and children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Please note the front passenger cockpit is only 32" bench seat, so fitting two passengers is very cozy. Due to the volatility of fuel costs, passengers may be subject to a surcharge of up to $25.
20 or 40 minutes of flight time.
1 or 2 per plane
Certainly, there is a picnic area for you to observe from.
This experience is weather dependent. Always contact the Experience provider with any questions regarding weather conditions.
What to Wear:
Wear comfortable clothing appropriate for weather conditions. We recommend dressing in layers and avoiding windbreakers as they tend to fill with air. A cloth flying helmet and ear plugs are provided. If you would like to take a camera on board, please make sure it has a strap (leash) to secure around your wrist or neck.
For this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 7 days in advance.
Prior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 14 days prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 14 days prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider
Can I take control of the airplane?
In the Biplanes, all the passenger cockpit controls have been removed to safely accommodate two passengers.
Are the airplanes heated?
No, these are circa 1940's aircraft... the real deal!
Is is safe?
Safety is always a priority. For 30 years they have maintained a perfect flying safety record and each aircraft is maintained to meet the highest FAA maintenance standards.
Can I bring a camera or camcorder?
Yes! But your camera MUST have a strap. A camera with a wide angle or panoramic lens is best, but even a throw away camera will capture this unforgettable experience. A camcorder is OK as long as it is one of the smaller hand held types.
Other San Francisco Gift Ideas:(View all 100 San Francisco experiences)
- Gift CertificatesFrom: $50.00
- Sunset Catamaran CruiseFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(22)
- Learn to Fly Big SurFrom: $279Avg Rating of: 3-half(5)
- Golf Lesson with a PGA ProFrom: $129
- Gourmet Chocolate TourFrom: $55Avg Rating of: 5(5)
- Champagne Brunch CruiseFrom: $96Avg Rating of: 5(8)
- San Francisco Dinner CruiseFrom: $154Avg Rating of: 4(10)
- America's Cup SailingFrom: $140Avg Rating of: 5(2)
- Performance Racing Prosail 40 CruiseFrom: $210
- San Fran ULTRA Chocolate TourFrom: $85Avg Rating of: 5(3)
- All San Francisco Experiences
"I really enjoyed this. I overall, the experience was amazing...from ordering, booking, and eventually flying, I can't express enough how satisfied I was with this. The pilot and his wife are great people...very friendly. I highly recommend this to anyone with a love of vintage aircraft!"
"It was a fun experience , would do this again"