Washington DC Bike Tour
Print or Email Instantly! You can also choose your send date.
When do I choose a date?
If giving as a gift, your recipient can choose a date at their convenience; otherwise, you can choose one after checkout.
30 day returns. Free exchanges. No expiration dates.
January - February:
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10:00 AM
March - October:
Daily - 9:30 AM & 1:30 PM
November - December:
Wednesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - 10:00 AM
Enjoy pedaling through the heart of Washington D.C. to visit the city's famous and magnificent sights!Full Description>
- Ride with top ranked Trip Advisor tour guides
- Unique perspective on the sights and attractions, incorporating historical information along the way
- Pedal a cool, cruiser style bicycle fit for all ages and fitness levels on a relaxed-paced tour
- Take in historical and fun facts on the area provided by your knowledgeable tour guide!
Spend an afternoon pedaling through Washington D.C. on this 3-hour tour viewing all the sights!
This tour is great for tourists and locals alike as it offers both an orientation to D.C. visiting the highlights of the city as well as unknown facts and stories!
A knowledgeable tour guide will entertain you withpoignant, fascinating and incredible stories about Presidents, Congress, memorials, parks, spies and scandals.
Tour highlights may include (and are subject to change):
- The White House
- Washington Monument
- Jefferson Memorial
- United States Capitol
- Lincoln Memorial
- Smithsonian Castle
- National Galleries of Art
- Cruiser bikes are provided
- Easy-to-moderate rice on both bike paths and city roads
- Bike ride covers approximately 6 miles
Maximum ParticipantsUp to 16 participants per tour
SpectatorsThis experience is only for those on the tour.
Weather DependentThis experience will run in rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be provided. However, tours do not operate in lightning and extreme weather conditions so please be sure to contact your experience provider in these situations.
What To WearDress appropriately for expected weather conditions and for biking.
Booking InformationFor this experience, it is recommended to request bookings at least 14 days in advance.
Cancellation PolicyPrior to scheduling/booking a date for this experience, Cloud 9 Living's standard return and exchange policy shall apply. Once you have scheduled a date and received a booking confirmation, no refunds will be given. Rescheduling is allowed up to 72 hours prior to your experience, failure to appear on your booked date or to reschedule at least 72 hours prior to your booked date will result in the loss of the value of your experience. In the event your experience is canceled due to inclement weather you will reschedule your experience directly with your experience provider.
Is this tour appropriate for children?
Absolutely! This is a great family activity. There are 4 options for children depending on their age, size, and riding ability:
1) For children under 18 months of age or 20kg (45lbs), there are baby seats that can be attached to the back of a bike.
2) For children children weighing up to 30kg (65lbs), there are trailers that can be left open or zipped up to fully enclose the passenger.
3) For children up to 12 years old or 45kg (100lbs), there are 2 wheeled tandem trailers. The passenger sits on a seat and can pedal or coast.
4) All riders over 45kg (100lbs) must ride their own bicycle. There are various smaller sized mountain bikes for those able to ride on their own, and of course, the regular beach cruisers for children big enough to ride them.
If possible, please let us know if you would like to reserve one of the tandems, trailers, baby seats, or child bikes at the time of booking. In addition, please be certain to note the ages of all children in the party to be sure there are enough properly sized bikes.
Please Note: All child bikes use hand brakes. There are no pedal breaks available.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
The experience provider does require all riders to wear helmets on the tour as safety is the top priority.
Do we go inside the museums and monuments?
The tour does not enter the museums due to time constraints. However, the tour does reserve time to walk around some memorials on the tour (e.g. the Lincoln Memorial, the Korean War Memorial and the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial). The bikes are designed to enjoy the city from a broad perspective and is exactly what the tour offers.
What happens if it rains?
This experience will run in rain or shine. If it rains, ponchos will be provided. However, tours do not operate in lightning and extreme weather conditions so please be sure to contact your experience provider in these situations.
- Is this tour appropriate for children?